Thursday, May 5, 2016

Motherhood

Assalaamualaikum.

So my husband left for Madinah in February, he's currently studying in the International Islamic University of Madinah. Which leaves..... Me and Amrah. Here, in Miri. I really couldn't fathom how life would be without my husband, especially alone with a baby, but alhamdulillah, all is well (probably because I'm staying with my parents haha).

Tomorrow Amrah is turning 6 months old, insha Allah, and I'm suddenly feeling a bit emotional, just like all parents do hehe. I remember the first few weeks being the hardest days of my life, I felt this love and hate relationship towards my own daughter. I got a bit depressed everytime night came because I knew I was not going to get any sleep and Amrah was going to cry again and again and I just didn't know what else to do to comfort her.

My mum kept on telling me that it's normal and please don't expect that you are able to sleep like those single carefree days. It really helped and after a while, Amrah found her sleeping pattern and I got used to having 3-4 hours of sleep, alhamdulillah, I'm able to cope better now.

Motherhood is something I always envisioned for myself and now that I'm here, I dare say that it is such an amazing journey and experience. I love how it increases my love and appreciation towards my parents because indeed, it wasn't and isn't easy, at all. Alhamdulillah. 

I find myself strongly advocating for a better treatment to parents by their children, all because of my near 6 month experiencing parenting. That's just a few months! Imagine our parents doing all that for many many years, and we still got the cheek to be unkind to them. It's a reminder for me every time. I hope I'm able to make my parents happy, thus, making God happy with me. That's all I ask.

Husband is coming back at the end of May, insha Allah, and I'm excited!

Pray for us, please?

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment