Saturday, October 19, 2013

Book : Divergent


Salaam.

I am so excited about The Catching Fire movie, although I know it won't be as good as the book, but still, I'm looking forward to seeing Katniss' dress (and the battle scenes of course). 

Psssttt, if you didn't read the book, you should know that Katniss would don on a spectacular dress! Remember the one that breathed fire when she spins and twirls, from the first book/movie?



 Well, this upcoming dress is supposedly so much prettier, still very much 'fiery' but with a little twist. Mockingjay *sigh* ;)

My brother, Faruq, had been telling me how good the books are and pestering me to read them. I was interested, especially after watching the first movie but I don't know why I kept putting it off until one fine day, I picked it up and started reading and couldn't stop at all after that. Haha.


Anyway, after finishing the trilogy, I was hungry for more action-packed books and when I googled for books that are similar to The Hunger Games, I got this.


I think it's also a trilogy and Ms. Roth is still working on the third one (or is it out by now?) but I've only read the first one (the above picture) and I'd say....... it's not that bad, really. I didn't devour it as quick as I did with Hunger Games but the story's still quite interesting, a bit different to say the least and fast-paced which is fine by me.

I actually wanted to write a little something something about the character and the storyline but because I read it a month ago (as soon as I start on another book, my brain drops memories of other books like hot potatoes), I can't write much.

*Racking my brain trying to think of the main character's name*








*and failing miserably*

So. Sad.

Oh but I do remember one thing! Which was what I didn't like about the book; the author killed off an important person (to me and the character too of course). I was so upset because I liked her, she's so mysterious and we're all beginning to learn something interesting about her but then *poof* gone just like that and instead the boyfriend lives pffttttt. 

Honestly, it's a good read, it isn't too heavy but at the same time, not as light as a chic lit. I'm gonna buy the sequel book when I have enough money (if I don't spend too much on good food) and will probably blog about it too insha Allah. Maybe this time around, I can come up with at least the character's name haha.

Thanks for reading and take care :)



*All images were taken from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment